Ok, so here is a high protein chicken curry recipe. It is very simple, cheap and ideal for prep as it tastes great when re-heated in the microwave. Like I said it is simple, ridiculously simple. This would suit anyone, but particularly those who have quite a busy lifestyle or students. Watch the video below if you don’t have enough time to read the recipe, following the video is the ingredients.
- Chicken Breast (200g raw weight per serving)
- Mayflower Chicken Curry Sauce Mix (You can find this in Farmfoods/Home Bargains etc if in the UK – VERY CHEAP!)
- Vegetables (You can use whatever veg you like, in this example we use some green garden peas)
The above is exactly what we used. I told you, very simple. Amounts and vegetables etc can all be varied – just make sure you track as accurately as possible on MyFitnessPal to keep within your macros. Let’s get started.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C
- Slice chicken up into chunks or strips
- Place chicken in the oven, cook for 20 minutes
- During this time, cook your veg (in our case just some peas in a pot with boiling water)
- With a few minutes left until the chicken is cooked, we can begin to make the sauce
- Weigh out 25g of the curry mix
- Pour 110ml of boiling water into the mix and stir until smooth
- Once chicken is cooked mix the veg, chicken and curry sauce together
- Enjoy or store in the fridge/freezer to eat another day
Best served with some long grain rice for a well balanced meal.
Here are the macros for the meal made with the above measures (without rice):
Now, I am not sure if you can call this a ‘recipe’ but it really is cheap and cheerful. Give it a try – this is cutting friendly.
Get Smart, Train Smart, Achieve Goals!